Total Pageviews

Friday, July 29, 2011

For Pete's Sake

In about 2 hours we are meeting up at the Monee/Manhattan exit to pick up Petey the pit from Renssalier (sp?) IN. He was in a high kill shelter and origionally had an adopter in NY who backed out the day a pet pilot was arranged for transport. Tues. evening I saw the email go around that Friday was his PTS date so I emailed the rescue and now we will be fostering him. I'm nervous. I am very very very nervous and have to not show that around the dog. Pits scare me a little. I know it's a bad rap....everyone says that but I can't help but be nervous.

Duke is a total dick head and humps everything and plays rough and I don't want to be breaking up or dealing with a dog fight with my small kids around. Carl is VERY protective over the kids and us so I'm just hoping this doesn't cause a problem. 2 male dogs in the house had me worried but now 3....and one isn't neutered! Petey's getting neutered Tuesday at the latest!

Everyone tells me great things about pits, everything online has me scared sh*ttless.
Then everyone looks at me like I'm a whack job even thinking about being scared when they find out I work w/ rottie rescue and that I have a 110lb rottweiler. Even people in rescue who like pits seem to not be the biggest fans of rotties but I trust my rottie to the moon and back.

Petey has a huge head. That scares me.
Carl's head is bigger then mine. I must be nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment