Total Pageviews

Monday, July 18, 2011

Holy Heat wave Batman

It is just way to hot outside. I just got the kids pool set up, cleaned our pool, put water in the water table and watered the plants that were begging for a drink. One I think might have received it's drink a bit to late though. R.I.P Hanging plant.

My gremlins didn't want to nap this morning so we went to super walmart. Going to Walmart alone is stressful. Trying to find parking, trying to get a shopping cart, working my way through the crowds, giving up on the deli because the only deli worker is staring aimlessly at nothing rather then helping the people in line waiting for their fresh cut meat or cheese. The depression of realizing about 80% of your shopping list is not available because they do not restock the shelves. Ok....so now do that with two kids who have not napped. One who wants to "walk like a big kid" and aimlessly walks into people and climbs the shelves. $106 later we got everything we needed from walmart except for the new MGD 64 w/ lemonaid. I saw it, but not in a 6 pack and I'm not devoting myself to a case if I do not know what it tastes like and the only summer shandy 6 pack was conveniently a 5 pack. Hmmmmm? How did that one slip past security? I bet they were to busy watching the deli woman who was watching NOTHING to notice a random stranger take a beer and drink it in the store.

After Walmart we stopped at White Castles. I am trying to eat healthy and the advertisements about those loaded cheese fries are not helping. I finally broke down and ordered some and they are not as good as I thought they would be. They are also not as good as my neighbor told me they would be. Amber ate all of her chicken rings and wanted more, so I made her chicken nuggets at home, she ate 2 of those. Jackson basically squished his slider and threw it at the dog. Carl was really happy to get the slider. I am not happy w/ the gas the slider has caused Carl to have. Of course on a day where the heat borders on animal cruelty to allow him to pass his obnoxious gas outside. So does this mean he is inflicting human cruelty by polluting my air w/ his ass toxins? Nothing that comes out of a 110lb rottweilers ass is pleasant BTW.

So just as I get everything set up in the back yard the wind picks up & the sun disappears. I am thankful for this, not for the "severe weather" that is predicted to hit us "anytime" now.

It's nearly 3pm and I am trying to figure out what to make for dinner. I have no desire to cook dinner and the only thing defrosted is a roll of ground chuck. I don't want to turn my oven on since my house is a heat trap, I have to keep the a/c at 72 to maintain 76 in here and that's with every fan we own running on high. So turning the oven on will put us up into the 80's for sure. My daughter basically won't eat beef so I know she won't be eating dinner tonight. I'll be slicing up some green pepper for her. My husband won't eat anything tomato based (except for this ridiculous irish spaghetti crap his family came up with like 25 years ago) and he also rolls his eyes at me if any dish contains rice. Lately I have gotten complains about potatos and chicken as well..........

I hate cooking for these people! My son will throw food at me, my daughter will shove it away and say "can't wan't this mommy" and after politely choking down a plate of food my husband will say "that was terrible"...........why do I try? I guess since Jackson is now up I should take him outside to play before we get blown away in this impending severe weather (at least we will be able to breath fresh air outside rather then slider ass from Carl). Not quite sure how long we'll last in 97 and muggy but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment