Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 18, 2011

frazzled day

We went to church w/ the kids this morning. I was shakey and feeling crappy so we dropped Amber off for Sunday School & ran over to McDonalds. Jack fell asleep in the car so we ate in the car & woke him 10 min. before we had to pick Amber up & head over to service. He was crabby. He crabbed through all of service. It was communion today and I'm so used to communion at my old church where we take the cracker & then a drink from a small thimble cup that I didn't even think about it. We get in line at this church, take the cracker & then most dunk the cracker in a community cup. Well, since I have only taken 1 communion here I forgot and ate the cracker & then got to the cup. GAH. So the man was like "take a sip".......great...........I felt like such a dork drinking from the community cup but for my entire life (up til this church, and like I said, this is my 2nd communion here) it was cracker from pastor, walk over to a tray of tiny thimble cups, drink and place empty on the next tray. So it was 2nd nature to eat the cracker 1st. I hope I'm not the only person who had to drink from the community cup, I felt (and still feel) like a dork. Dork Dork Dork. I need to put a note in my bible as a reminder that communion in this church is different then every church I've ever been to in the past. I was always raised "eat first, then drink" not take and dunk then chew soggy. Gah............stupid me. But we do like this church & it's amber's preschool so we're trying to attend more.

I came home and laid down w/ Amber to watch toot & puddle's christmas special & bob watched the bears game with Jackson. I feel asleep for 3 hours. I was so exhausted. I'm still not feeling right. My mom's coming over by 8:30am so I need to be dressed and ready 'cause tomorrow is Amber's pre-school Christmas recital.

No comments:

Post a Comment