Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Laundry Fairies please come to my house

Amber and Jackson are the most important people in my life. Not a day goes by that I either spend it laughing at the funny things they do or near tears because of the insane things they do; but I couldn't imagine my life any different.

Doing simple chores such as putting away folded laundry can become an epic task. Both children were watching Gnomio and Juliet. I put up my laundry & my husbands laundry and the kids were still happily watching TV. I started to put up Amber's laundry & realized some of her PJ's didn't fit her anymore. I went to the kitchen to grab a glad bag & on the way I checked on the kids. Both were still watching TV. I tossed the PJ's that didn't fit Amber any longer into the garbage bag. I went into Jackson's room to pull out his old PJ's and put away his laundry & heard screaming.

Amber was in the living room watching TV and Jackson had booked it into Amber's room and climbed her play kitchen! I got him down and told him it was a no no. He said "no no", shook his head no and left the room. I went back into his room and grabbed the garbage bag of old clothing and heard Amber scream "No Jack!"

I ran into the living room, dropped the bag of old PJ's on the floor and rushed over to Jackson who had climbed the couch, crawled over to the end table and knocked over my pop and was playing in it.

I cleaned Jackson off and began cleaning the mess. I had to pull the couch out and was cleaning spilled soda from behind it; all the while I heard Jackson laughing in the living room so I knew he was fine. I stand up from behind the couch and he was definitely fine. Jackson dumped the bag of PJ's and was scattering them through out the house.

What should have been a quick 10 minute chore became a 45 min. ordeal all because I wanted to put up the laundry before the cat decided to sneak into the basket & yack on our clean clothes.

Since becoming a mom of 2 toddlers I have learned there are 2 chores I hate more then others. The 1st is laundry because it requires me to turn my back for a few seconds and my kids seize the moment every time. The 2nd chore would be emptying the dishwasher. It never fails, once they see that door open they think it's some magical cave they can climb into. Just as I tell one to stop trying to climb into the dishwasher the other is doing it. I had clean dishes sitting in there for 4 days last week because I didn't feel like dealing w/ the chaos that would occur if I opened that door during the afternoon.By the time evening came the dishwasher was the last thing on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment